Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Appointment Today

I haven't written much - mostly because for now, every entry will sound the same.

Got up to pee several times in the evening, making sleep oh so elusive.

Woke up around 5 am feeling like I might die. Drank a glass of milk in hopes of calming my stomach enough to go back to sleep for a few hours.

Get back up for work and sit in front of my computer partially dazed, trying to figure out what to eat. Most things make me feel more nauseous at the thought of them, so the main staples have been Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, and cottage cheese (either with fruit, or salt pepper and hot sauce).

I am no longer in love with hamburgers, which may have something to do with getting a whiff of raw ground beef when Jaycel made them last week.

I haven't been cooking, mostly due to the aforementioned "can't stand the smell of raw meat" fun.

Other than the nausea, I feel pretty good. I haven't really gained weight, at least according to the scale. I can tell when I put certain clothing on that I have changed shape, but the scale isn't moving much.

Today is my first appointment since 5 weeks. Today they will pull out the doppler and will try to listen to the heartbeat. I am looking forward to it since the pregnancy has been pretty surreal so far.

We talk about it like its real - make plans like there will be another person living here eventually, but when nausea is the only sign that there is someONE growing inside you, it doesn't quite feel real yet.

So an update you will all get...later this evening.

Listening to: Riga Girls by The Weepies
Currently Eating: nothing at the moment...there is an empty bowl of pears and cottage cheese next to me
Eagerly Awaiting: this afternoon's appointment

1 comment: