Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blurg

Over the past several days, I have had oh-so-fun bouts of nausea. Nothing severe, just uncomfortable enough to be an annoyance and make eating slightly less enjoyable.

Last night, or more accurately 3 o'clock this morning, I was awakened by a more than uncomfortable queasiness. I could no longer lay down without feeling like I was going to be truly sick, so I dragged myself out to the living room. I weakly grabbed a ginger ale and pack of saltines, huddled under a blanket on the couch, and put in a DVD hoping that after a light snack the stomach would settle and I could go back to bed.

Three hours and a third of the second season of Arrested Development later, I finally managed to be at a point where the level of tired outweighed the level of nausea and crawled back in bed.

An hour and a half later, I woke again and sat in front of my computer finishing the ginger ale from last night, still nauseous and not wanting to eat anything.

Fortunately, Jaycel made me eggs and toast (which smelled awful - through no fault of his own) which I choked down, thinking "can't starve the baby" every time I wanted to throw the plate out of my sight.

The joys of eating.

Hopefully my grilled cheese and tomato soup will be slightly less repulsive.

1 comment: