Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Unscheduled Hiatus

It's me again. Trying to come up with excuses for not writing in my blog.

Some tell me that having a 16 month old (that's right, he is that old now) is a good excuse to neglect most things...so long as you aren't neglecting your kid.

(As I start to type this, Jonas comes up, yanks on a USB cable and comes dangerously close to toppling my laptop and Vitamin C water, then cries when I tell him cables are not toys. This is a prime example of why I have not blogged.)

And I have to admit, being home all day with little interaction with anyone who isn't the kid or the dog, sometimes I feel I have little to write about. Life observations tend to be saved for when I need to write a new rant for Sloane (plug plug plug), and quick quips have become Facebook statuses and Tweets.

But, I still feel the need to keep people updated.

So, first, the boy. And by that I mean Jonas.

Jonas with his cousin

As I stated, he is 16 months old now. He is very active - always trying new things...climbing, sliding across the floor - everything. He seems to add new words to his vocabulary every day and lately has a strong interest in numbers and letters. More than his cars or stuffed animals. Everywhere we go you can hear him suddenly yell, "Nuh! (translation: "number" which also refers to letters) Once he spots a sign of any kind, he then insists that you read the letters and numbers to him.

The cool thing is that he actually seems to retain the information. The other day I asked him to go get me a three. He runs off to the other side of the room, away from where most of his foam letters are, and returns with a big number three in his hands. I know that is what we all do, we learn and retain, but its just amazing to me to see the process from the beginning, ya' know?

For those of you that don't get to see him on a regular basis, he is also quite the entertainer. He likes to dance and will intentionally do things for a laugh. Don't know where he got the need to be a people pleaser from. :/

"I do my own stunts"

There are probably a lot of other things about him I could tell you, but I guess that is where regular blogging would be more handy.

In non-Jonas news, the hubs and I are still jobless. That would be 16 months for him and nearly 12 for me. We are still doing our best to look at everything positively (how awesome its been for Jonas to have both parents home with him during this early part of his life) but also realistically (like planning what we need to do if/when we lose our house...which is becoming more of a reality). Most days I can still remain calm and composed about it. Other days the anxiety gets to me. But there are fewer of those thankfully.

The hubs is working on some of his certifications in an effort to help him find work, so the hope is that when the new year rolls in, he'll have the qualifications and confidence to apply for some positions he wouldn't have before. And what happens between now and the spring may determine whether or not I choose to go back to school. (Yep. That's a whole other post for another day)

So there you have it.

Current Mood: Blech. I'm sick!
Currently Listening to: J read letters off of a picture to Jonas.

No comments:

Post a Comment