Thursday, December 3, 2009

Silver lining

As I dried my hair the other day, a once common event that has recently been a luxury, I noticed something catching the light.

Something silver, to be more specific.

Yes. I have found a grey hair.

This year has been a year of major events in my life.

I turned 30.

I became a mom.

I discovered a shop that carries sumac within driving distance. (in Central Florida, that qualifies as major)

And now, to that list, I can add the changing color of my hair.

I am not sure how I feel about it. After all, I've always looked young for my age, and a single strand isn't really going to change that. Yet somehow, I do feel different. I haven't pinpointed what that feeling is exactly, but it's there.


And now for something totally different...

J (who has many MANY more grey hairs than I) is building a stone patio, so pictures of dinner parties are soon to come! And maybe some photos of the work he is doing. It's like watching Yatd Crashers. Except we're having to pay for everything and there's no one helping him move 7.5 tons of gravel.

Complete Randomness: a blonde Colin Farrel is a bad idea.

And with that, I think the kid is getting sleepy. So I am off.


(this post brought to you by the iPhone...check my thumb-typing skills)

1 comment:

  1. I discovered the first white hair after a long tiring flight to NY to help my sister with her brand new baby. Bad timing. I sat on the lid of the toilet and had a hearty self-pity cry.

    Now they are abundant... thank goodness for Joel and his magical haircolor ways. :-)

    ReplyDelete