Friday, February 27, 2009

Pom Pom and Peppers

I am really not being as regular about this as I like, but despite the aforementioned energy that I have experienced (and continue to have), by the end of the work day my priorities are food, some cleaning, and THEN relaxing. I'll have to start scheduling blogging in there somewhere (so sad).

In the past week, you have missed the baby's latest nickname - Pom Pom - which I will kinda miss. One of the many prego sites I was looking at said that the baby was the size of a pomegranate, but that seemed a bit cumbersome, so it quickly became Pom Pom. Which is kinda cool, because I start picturing this whenever I was referring to the baby.

But, as of Thursday, we have progressed to other produce...namely, a bell pepper. So this week, we will be referring to the kid as "Pepper". (wasn't that the name of the chic in Iron Man? poor kid, if it's a boy...we keep calling it girly names even when we are referring to produce)

I felt a brief flutter this week, which was all kinds of odd. Very light and quick, but definitely a different feeling. Right now it's interesting. As he/she grows and starts sticking his/her heel in my ribs, I am sure I will find it slightly less amusing.

Other than that, not a whole lot to report. The belly continues to grow. My sister continues to count down the days to finding out the sex so her shopping can begin. The usual.

...and because it has been a LONG while since I posted a picture of us - here we are. I have not yet taken "I'm prego" pictures, so unless you are part of my AZ crew, you'll just have to wait a bit longer. Isn't my mom cute? I hope I look that good after raising ONE kid, let alone five.


Listening to: My Name is Jonas by Weezer
Current Week: 18
Countdown to Sonogram: 10 days

2 comments:

  1. Isn't a pomegranate bigger than a pepper? Unless you're talking about a massive pepper...

    If only I'd know that you were calling him/her Pom Pom, I would have sent you this photo earlier. I also took a picture of a kumquat and didn't manage to send it to you before Pepper outgrew it. So I'd promise you a Pepper picture, but by the time I get to it, I'm sure baby will have outgrown it. Maybe you can just tell me what comes next?

    As for finding the time to keep your blog updated, I hear you. I can't manage to do it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it specified a SMALL pomegranate when we were calling him/her Pom Pom. And I think it uses these references only for height (otherwise, I would have an oddly shaped child).

    Starting today it's supposed to be an heirloom tomato!

    ReplyDelete